View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 25, 2015, 02:37pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AremRed View Post
You're not getting it guys. This case play clearly implies that leaving the court before the ending action of a quarter is an 'unauthorized reason' but given that the NFHS has not created a list detailing exactly what is and is not an authorized reason to leave the floor, I believe I am free to authorize and unauthorize according to my judgement. In this case I wouldn't mess with it.
I think I see what your point is here, but not sure. While I disagree with you that we have the authority to allow a team to leave or not, in the OP, I don't think I'd have a T. The reason being is that if my partner had mistakenly allowed the coach to take his team to the locker room, I'm not going to give them a tech when they were told they could. I think the best way to handle this is to have an official stop them and basically not allow them to leave. If they ignore the warning, then they dig their own grave, but if you tell them they can? Not a good Tech to give, especially for an act that has no real bearing on the game.