View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 25, 2015, 03:14am
Official Forum Member

Shooting foul to end the half

V1 is fouled in the act of shooting as the horn sounds signaling the end of the second quarter. As we are preparing to shoot the free throws, which are being shot right in front of the home bench, the home team begins to leave the court for halftime. One of my partners in front of the bench sounds his whistle just as I am administering the ball from the first of three free throws. He tells the home team that they can't be up and moving below the free-throw line so they either need to sit down or leave the court. I tell him he should keep them on the bench. He goes ahead and lets them leave to go to their locker room before The free throws are administered. We then administer the free throws after which the visitors head out to their locker room.

So, which is correct? Should the team that is not involved in the free throws be allowed to leave the court prior to V1 shooting his free throws, or should they be required to remain on the court until the quarter has actually ended with the shooting of the free throws?