View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 24, 2015, 08:44pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngump View Post
Seriously though, 2 and 3 and the last one are getting called every time. Are you saying you'd get all the rest of them? Every time? On a real field without a camera zoomed in and a hole to indicate that dragging must just be approximated those are not getting my left arm out. I just can't be sure and she probably leaped is not enough to get a call from me. The girl who in slow motion gets an inch off the ground and then starts dragging about 4 inches from the plate I can't imagine anybody is calling that.
This. The rest aren't getting called illegal on the field in realtime in any game I'm working, unless my partner is calling them. We don't work under the yoke of freeze-frame reviews. By the letter of the rule, yes, all of these may have been illegal pitches; by the intent, no.

That said, I long for the day when coaches teach legal pitching mechanics. It's getting better, but asking for 100% is asking for all of them to know the rules. Good luck on that.

Last edited by teebob21; Sat Jan 24, 2015 at 08:47pm.