View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 24, 2015, 07:29pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
This, however, is based on an interpretation of how the manufacturer intended the clothing to be worn.
Even if I were to accept the premise that a rolled down waist band some how meets the "intended to be worn" clause of the rule, there is a very high probability that this would still violate the "shall have only 1visible logo" clause and therefore, unless the waistband had no logo on it (rare these days) it would be illegal to wear them that way. If I did accept this premise, then I guess to be consistent with how the manufacturer intended them to be worn I should have ALL of the players roll them down.

Now, am I lining the players up to inspect waistbands? No! Shoud I have a player unroll them if I notice it at some point in the game? Yes! That being said, I am apt to let it go if its not outrageous, offensive, or dangerous (such as the string being exposed).

Like you, I don't look for things to enforce. For instance, I have never actually measured a logo but if I ever saw one that was big enough to notice it was too large I would address it. And if I ever encounter a waistband that requires my attention I will address it as well.