View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 21, 2015, 04:15pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
If she had already been sent to the locker room, as I now understand it to be after re-reading the opening post, I agree. I'm not chasing her into the girls locker room.

I'm still curious if there was any discussion between the officials, and the coach, before the player was sent on her way to the locker room. Did the coach believe that she was wearing illegal equipment, or an illegal uniform, thus sending her to the locker room to become legal? And, were the shorts, in fact, actually legal, in which case he screwed up by sending her off? Or was the coach just upset that she was wearing her junior varsity shorts instead of her varsity shorts, knowing that either pair of shorts would have been legal? And I'm still curious about what was "wrong" the first pair of shorts?

By the time I got to the bench to ascertain what was going on, the player in question was 3/4 of the way to the locker room and running, because coach told her to hurry. I was focused on the coach and not the exiting player, but I think she had on home white shorts, just a different type than the rest of her teammates. I probably would have let her play if she'd stuck around to be inspected, but that didn't happen.

For sure, the coach jumped to a conclusion.