View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 19, 2015, 10:38am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
But, seriously, there really isn't a reason for BI to occur on a FT that can't be rebounded. So, the rule you're citing wasn't really written with that in mind any more than it was written with the possibility of the lights going out with the ball in flight such that you can't see if it went in or not.
I was kinda thinking that the whole time myself. Like, "how is that possible?" I suppose it is under two circumstances:

1. Not the last throw of a multiple throw with players in the lane. If A commits, FT ends, no score awarded, A1 gets his second (or third) throw. If B commits, award the score, and A1 gets his second (or third) throw.

2. A throw without players in the lane. A cannot commit because it would have clearly been preceded by a FT violation which would have caused the ball to become dead immediately (no score). If B commits, we've got a delayed violation signal that precedes it, but that has no bearing once BI occurs because that causes the ball to become dead. Award the score, and then either A1 gets another FT if entitled or you move on to whatever you would have after the lane-cleared throws.

All of this being said, the potential for this is exceedingly low. If anyone ever sees it, I want to see the video IOT laugh at the stupidity of the violator.