View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 15, 2015, 10:12pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Wow.
Kid was trying to beat a "non-intentional intentional walk" Bingo Long style. He fouled it into the backstop. My partner was on the infield, B or C, I'm not sure. I just wanted to do my due diligence before I ring him up. No harm in making sure, and it silenced the inevitable "get help on that, blue" crap that I figure is always going to follow a rare call.

I've moved across the country and called whatever games I can receive assignments for, for the last 10 years. Since I only last year got settled down for good, I've rarely had the opportunity to call higher level games, since I've always been the FNG.

I've got conflicting mechanics from Central Missouri, SW Ohio, Central New York State and Vegas in my head. I've seen just about every muni league rule modification imagined for 8-year-olds. For me, the "wow" is that I've never accidentally awarded 15 yards or tried to start the clock on the ready while wearing a mask.

I'll get better with practice, but for now, I'm just another muni league home-town ump.