Thread: Rec. games
View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 27, 2000, 12:02pm
certified Hot Mom tester

I guess like everyone else on this thread, I was unaware that you meant adult leagues. I will do women's leagues, and there is one men's league I do each September to get in shape. It is the Oregon Society of CPAs league (really!). They play in Sept and Oct and it's the first rec league of the year. All the guys are about 5'6"" and wear taped glasses. Their jerseys have pocket protectors. They may not play well, but their scorebooks are a sight to behold.

Of course I'm kidding about the quality of play. Even though it's not as good as many of the other rec leagues around here, the guys are pretty mellow and usually there's no problems.

I won't do any of the other men's leagues any more. We call them "jerkball". Rut is right (there - I said it and my head didn't explode). They are full of wannabees and neverwuzzes who were cut from their high school team because "the coach was biased" or some other such nonsense. They all think they could play in the NBA but most of them actually play like they're in the NHL.

No thanks.