View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 13, 2015, 12:27am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpe View Post
Rich1, does the UIL have anything to say about a coach being ejected in the first game of a double header returning for the second game?

I had a situation when I started where I should have tossed a coach in the first game. I didn't but I realized she was the only coach for both games.

I don't know of any thing that would prevent them from coaching in the second game unless there was a sport specific rule from NFHS or other rules organization. For the most part, the UIL is concerned with eligibilty and contest rules but adopts game rules from organizations like NFHS. Each school plays in an Athletic Competition District that can adopt penaltues for misconduct but they usually don't since it is self governed.

There is a procedure for coaches who are ejected for unsportsmanlike conduct but it would take several days at best to work through it. In a nut shell, when a coach is ejected the Athletic Director has 3 days to notify the UIL. They will then consider the facts and may publicly reprimand (tey print your name in the back of the coaches magazine) or suspend the coach if warranted. I believe this would only apply if he got two direct techs, not for an ejection from three indirects since that would not involve unsportsmanlike conduct. Its much more cut and dry for other sports.

I can tell you that my AD is all over the bball coaches (all the caches actually) at my school about getting techs. He does not lik to have to talk to the UIL or have the name of our district in the naughty part of the mag.

Last edited by Rich1; Tue Jan 13, 2015 at 12:31am.