View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 09, 2015, 06:57pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Will The North Koreans Get My Information ???

We service about seventy high schools in our local area. Three years ago, one high school used ArbiterPay. Last year a second school signed on. We have a total of four high schools using it this season. It's the wave of the future, and our state interscholastic sports governing body says that we have to sign up with ArbiterPay to receive our fees from these schools, and any future schools, that choose to use it. There's no choice on our part. We're independent contractors and they can pay us any way they (the schools) want to.

So I signed up this year, figuring I'm going get an assignment at an ArbiterPay high school eventually. Giving ArbiterPay my Social Security Number was one thing (we've been filling out W-9's for years at most schools (I hate it when they leave the forms on the scorers table)), but I hesitated when ArbiterPay asked me for my checking account number. But, like our state interscholastic sports governing body said, we have no choice, so I gave them the information that they wanted. Should I lose sleep over this?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri Jan 09, 2015 at 07:11pm.