Thread: Ejection
View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 07, 2015, 08:46am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachP View Post
Had an ejection in the Girls Varsity before my game. Late in a tight game that eventually went to OT.

We were visitors. Home # 5 gets whistled for a hold. A couple colorful metaphors from the player earns her "T" number one. After she get's the "T", player #5 gives the "T" sign right back to the official, literally 6 inches in front of the officials face. Whack #2.

Coach gets the player to the bench while official reports all the shananigans to the table. Then informs the coach that #5 is ejected and has to leave the confines.

Since the locker room is opposite the benches, #5 has to cross the court. (Well she could have walked around the endline). But in her stroll across the floor, walks between the other 2 officials and flips them each a bird. Then does a 360 turn with said birds held high for all to see.

Was enough enough, or should either of the other 2 officials tossed in another "T"?
First, I thought an ejected player does not have to leave the gym - they can stay on the bench. No? Second, if I saw the kid do that on her way out, I would T her again and give the coach an indirect.