Thread: Todd Von Sossan
View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 04, 2015, 07:57am
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
The problem is that a lot of them that are missed are not even borderline.

Camron:

I agree.

Our cable system here in Toledo, has two local HD sports channels for local sports. Just after Thanksgiving I was watching a tape delay of a girls' VAR game (I know one of the officials but I didn't recognize the other two) and watched the officials in this game make three mistakes in the first 1-1/2 quarters that I would not expect veteran VAR officials to make.

1) A2 catches a pass from A1 while standing with both feet touching the court. A2 starts to dribble before moving her feet. A2 is on her fourth dribble when the C whistles her for Traveling, ! I re-played the sequence three times and still couldn't see traveling on my big HD screen.

2) B1 has been standing on her position on the court facing A1 for at least three seconds when A1 dribbles right through B1, who never moves, and the C calls B1 for Blocking. It was a Charge call that I would have expected my first year students to get correct.

3) A1 is shooting the second FT of a two shot set when B1 enters the lane too soon and both the L and T signal Delayed Dead Ball. A1 misses the FT and after the L and T conference, Team A is given the ball for a Throw-in under its own basket, !

I do not know how easy stuff is so often screwed up by veteran officials.

Time to take my pre-breakfast nap now, .

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio