Thread: Another first
View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 30, 2014, 03:28am
We don't rent pigs

Another first

Never seen anything close to this before. H22 shooting the first of a 1&1. I was lead, administering the free throw. It's good. I hear a whistle, see partner with a fist up. H22 is on the floor. "I'm just boxing out." Now H22 shoots his second free throw with the lane cleared, followed by another 1&1 with spaces occupied. Now I'm trail. (2 man) Fan behind me says "Watch 10 ref." V10 turns and smiles at the fan and gives him a thumbs up. Sure enough, on the release he hurls himself at H22 again and lands a pretty good hip-check, despite the fact that H22 took a step back. In spite of all this, again the free throw is good. This time it's my call, and I call it intentional. V10 has his palms outstretched and his most innocent look. "I was just boxing out. I can't box out?" "Not like that." Now we have the lane cleared again, the second of a 1&1, plus two more and the ball back to home. The score at this point is about 50-25 with H leading. V acting head coach requests a timeout. (real head coach was ejected in the first half) "What did he do sir." I explained briefly. "Oh, I didn't see it. Thank you. I'm just trying to get the heck out of here." I agreed "Me, too." To his credit, he put V10 on the bench for the remainder of the game.

Lonesome Dove