View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 13, 2014, 09:38am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlUmpSteve View Post
It could be just me, but I think the problem stems from you misusing words, attempting to use colloquiolisms you think are appropriate when they are defined words that mean something other than what you are trying to say.

Championship play is defined in the ASA Code; it is all of (including Pool Play) the tournaments stated in the definition. If you had used "elimination games", you would be separating the pool games from the rest of the tournament(s).

Just as you now misuse "Book Rule". Since these rule changes were adopted and will be part of the book, they ALSO will be "Book Rule". Just different rules to be used in different circumstances.
I agree, I do not speak the language of proper colloquialisms. It did change the post and in my opinion people understood what the Interpretation of the new Rule is ? Maybe when I have 3000 posts on here I can correct their language ? There are people on this Forum that pick on language rather than attempting to help understand the purpose and intent of Rules. I am an Umpire not a colloquial Language interpreter. I hope someone gets something positive from your Post, I sure did.