Thread: Umpire Training
View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 09, 2003, 06:47am
Official Forum Member

Re: Yes. Very nice.

Quote:
Originally posted by blueballs
Nushi Yahahoma,

I attended the ASa Advanced Fastpitch Camp and let me tell you, it was worth the money. Most States do not have a good, quality umpire school other than a quick afternoon or night. I spent about $900 and I got every cent worth. Bernie Savoie sure is a great guy.

Training past the quick schools is a personal choice. No one can make you go but it will always help you personally and giv eyou some credit in the eyes of those above you.
Delaware ASA conducts a one-day school. Cost to student is $15 and includes a shirt. It was developed by Tom Mason and basically mirrors a downsized National School. Remember, at this level, we are catering basically to new umpires, so veterans who use this as a refresher may seem bored, but we will keep them active as possible.

And whenever possible, BOB Savoie will attend and speak. Bernie Profato would not be one of our regulars. Now, I have to figure out who was really the nice guy you referenced, Bob or Bernie!