View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 08, 2014, 11:55pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Just The Facts, Ma'am ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. View Post
I am old ... and believe that real knee pads are not sleeves ... Which begs the question, if the Visitor's had two other players wearing knee pads: one player wearing blue knee pads and a one player wearing gold knee pads. Do we have anything? I believe we have nothing.
And until I hear otherwise, from the NFHS, IAABO, my local board and/or interpreter, or my state high school sports covering body, I believe that you have something.

2014-15 NFHS BASKETBALL RULES CHANGES

3-5-3 Art. 3: Arm sleeves, knee sleeves, lower leg sleeves and tights are permissible:
a. Anything worn on the arm and/or leg is a sleeve, except a knee brace, and shall meet the color restrictions.
b. The sleeves/tights shall be black, white, beige or the predominant color of the uniform and the same color sleeves/tights shall be worn by teammates.
c. All sleeves/tights shall be the same solid color.

Note: For what it's worth, the assigner for my Catholic middle school games, who normally wants all Fashion Police issues to be enforced, has decided that knee pads will not fall under the color restrictions that other leg sleeves fall under.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)