View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 05, 2014, 01:53pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suudy View Post
In other words, attitudes. There's no evidence of actual different treatment, only an "assumption of bias or inappropriate behavior." Sending an all African-American crew to one or even all Douglass's games would do nothing to address those attitudes other than to justify them.
Attitudes have a lot to do with what we do. Why do people not work their Alma mater? Why do people not work at schools their kids or relatives attend? Why do people not work games in the town they live?

It is not because they are going to do anything bias.

Heck I got off a game last year where the girl I was seriously dating and now live with, her cousin was the coach of one of the teams. Now I would have been totally professional if I had to work the game. But I told the tournament director that of this association and allowed him to move me if he saw fit. Why do you think I had that conversation with the TD and my girlfriend's cousins? Attitudes. This is just another reason all things need to be considered as well. Because what was the accusation that someone has to answer for? Yep you got it.

Peace