View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 05, 2014, 12:46am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zm1283 View Post
These people at OKC Public Schools are complete jackwads. This is a high school football game.

I can't believe a court has jurisdiction over something like this.

Stuff like this comes from our society's current mentality of instant gratification. We can't tell kids that sh*t happens and things may not go their way sometimes and they may get the short end of the stick. We have to keep everyone happy.

Old man rant over.
OT and somewhat political here but bear with me as I will try to answer the question here in regards to why the judge ruled the way he did. In most states district court judges are elected to the seat they are sitting in so this is a way for the judge to TRY and have people remember him the next time his seat comes up for election and that he tried to something for the people who are in the electorate. Now in most other states when something lie this has been done and the case goes to a higher court the judgement(if against the defendant) has been reversed as most state courts have ruled they(the courts) do not have jurisdiction over high school athletics. Case law across the country on this matter is pretty solid.