View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 05, 2014, 12:14am
Official Forum Member

I would ask for starters to be marked at JV games around here. I can imagine a lot of officials wouldn't bother with a T if they didn't mark them though.

On this topic somewhat: I had two games in a tournament tonight. I'm the R for the first game and we come on the court. Both teams are in blue uniforms. We ask one of the kids what the deal is. They had brought blue instead of white like they were supposed to, so someone had to go get their whites. I went over at about the 11:00 mark to check the book. I went to that team's head coach and asked if their white uniforms had the same numbers as the blue uniforms they had on at the time, and he says they do.

Sure enough they go change with about 5 minutes on the clock. At about the 2:00 mark I see their head coach with a pencil in his hand at the table. Rut-roh. We go over and I ask the scorer what they did. They had changed a player's number to reflect the white jerseys. The scorer told me the other coach was fine with it but didn't really know what to do. We started the game with two free throws.