Thread: Rec. games
View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 25, 2000, 11:04pm
Official Forum Member

Like alot of people I started out in rec league, and I continue to work them more out of a sense of duty than anything else. Luckily I dont do many but when my assignor calls I always go.

When we do HS games we are used to being treated with respect by the players and for the most part the coaches at least have a clue about the rules. When you do rec league the teams are full of NBA wanabe coaches and players who watch the games on tv and think they can treat the officials like they do on tv. Well I've got news, the amount of crap I put up with is directly proportional to the amount of money I'm making so you can either chill out or leave(I actually told a coach that once)

Now that I'm through venting, when I call a rec game I use it as an oppurtunity to practice my mechanics, even though we're using a runnig clock I still stop the clock and chop the time in, it's also a great place to practice dealing with unruly coaches and players. So when it's all said and done maybe there is something to be gotten from rec games,still does'nt make them much fun