View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 24, 2014, 02:07pm
Official Forum Member

In my association, if we want to get assignments, we must work scrimmages. If we want to work post season, we must accumulate a certain number of points and we can get points for working scrimmages (2 max points). Most of us work an average of 3 scrimmages - I worked 4 this season. We don't get paid - the school pays the association what they would typically pay us. The format is typically 2 to 4 schools participate and they have us (usually 5-6 people are assigned to a court) for up to 3 hours. They can do whatever they want during that time: play a full game, just quarters, game situations...whatever they choose. It's a way for everyone to get ready for the season. People gripe about it, but it's really not that big of a deal.

Coaches are almost always well behaved - they worry about their players and they rarely worry about the officiating. Sometimes when a rookie makes mistakes or someone clearly is in over their heads, they get a little frustrated, but I've never seen anyone get really upset during a scrimmage.