View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 19, 2014, 11:31pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCat View Post
As Camron said I would tell coaches a mistake was made. That There was no team control by Smu in the front court after the shot. It was not a violation for their player to be the first to touch/ control it in the backcourt. There should have been no whistle--when that happens the ball is given to the team who was in control when the whistle blew. Here the Smu player had controlled the ball before the whistle when he threw it to front court. Their ball...

Others may shorten it but when we change something because of a rule we need to be able to explain the rule, what happened and what we're going to do now about it. Imo.
I've done something similar, when my partner called a travel from the trail position when a shooter caught her own airball in front of me at lead (2 man game). I chatted with him to make sure I knew what he was calling, then we reversed the call. B coach wanted an explanation, and other than questioning me for reversing the call (I should have let my partner make the announcement), he was fine. He already knew the rule anyway.