Thread: Video Requests
View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 18, 2014, 03:08am
Official Forum Member

Video Requests

Basketball season is nearly in full swing for most high schools and in full swing for both the NCAA and NBA. With that in mind, that means there will be many televised games and video requests. To keep this kind of uniform:

1. Feel free to start a thread with the specific game mentioned in the name of the topic...also make it clear that you are requesting a clip.

Ex. Kings vs. Warriors FF2 Video request

2. In the thread, please be as specific as possible as to when the play in question occurred/what happened. If you are not sure, NBA and many of the major D-I programs along with the major sports outlets (ESPN, CBS Sports, FOX Sports) have a play-by-play of the entire game which should help narrow the time down.

3. Please be patient...most of the time, I'll try to get a clip up within 24 hours. JetMet will also try to clip plays when time allows. I can tell you that I can get clips from just about every NBA game very quickly. NCAA, I can get games from ESPN/SEC Network games pretty quickly/consistently. Games on other broadcasts may be a little more difficult/take longer.

4. I'm not sure about this, and we can play this out by ear...I would say try to generally keep discussion of plays in one thread.

5. If you happen to come across a clip before JMF or I post a clip, feel free to do so. I would ask to try and embed the clip if possible...many sites, and almost every YouTube clip is embeddable...for Youtube, all one has to do is click share, embed, and then copy the code provided. Then all one has to do is paste the code in a post.

6. When a clip of the play requested has been posted, generally speaking, I will edit the topic title to show "(Video)". If you are starting at topic and already have the clip in play, feel free to do so yourself.

Finally, while video one of the best avenues to learn from, let's remember that clips and plays are for discussion and learning purposes and not for bashing officials.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.