Thread: What you got?
View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 17, 2014, 02:12pm
Do not give a damn!!

I am sorry, because of the classifications it did not dawn on my that the defensive player got in the face of a player on the sideline.

These are not offsetting penalties because they are different incidents or took place in a proper order. And one is a personal foul and the other is an unsporting foul. You cannot offset those in NF rules. The classification of the players also does not matter, because both penalties are treated as dead ball fouls regardless of when they actually took place.

So the option is to penalize the "defense" first and penalize on the try in this case.

The second penalty on the "offense" that was scored on, can be penalized on the try or the kick off.

If the "defense" is penalized on the try, then the ball would not go back to the 3 yard line. The ball would be taking to the 18 and the next penalty could be taken back to the 9.

If the "defense" does not want to take the penalty on the try, then the kick off the penalty can be applied. I would think both penalties would be taken on the try considering how far away the ball would be from the goal line.

Peace