View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 12, 2014, 12:33am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob1968 View Post
You'd have to ask those people . . .

Although you may see nothing special about the Nat'l Anthem for a sporting event, it is special, in and of itself. Having spent time in other countries, where the citizens have so few rights, and even less hope, the Nat'l Anthem is very special to me.
Perhaps those US citizens who discount the flag, in regards to scripted protocol have not been instructed. Perhaps they take all that we have in this great country for granted. Perhaps a few minutes of reverence for the flag, and our Nat'l Anthem would do them some good, in regards to their gratitude for this great country and all it affords us.
I hope you have had a peaceful Veterans' Day.
You can be upset with me about my point of view, but many people feel the same way by how they act during the National Anthem. It really only took on this special meaning after 9/11. There were many people that acted like it was a hassle based on their body language and it was not always practiced. I even remember early in my career where it was hit and miss who would even do the Anthem. There are better ways to show gratitude IMO than doing the Anthem. My dad was the Commander of a local VFW, I saw first hand real giving to those that did things for this country. And most that get so upset if you even take a position on a certain side of this, never do anything truly that will help veterans that shows real gratitude.

BTW, I had a great day. Thank you for asking.

Peace