View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 03, 2014, 11:40am
Official Forum Member

Location: The Land Of The Free and The Home Of The Brave (MD/DE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcannizzo View Post
Was at the Disney Showcase this weekend and there were two situations that I put out here for discussions. One was mine, the other someone else.

Mine:
R1 INT w/ F6, my call. 3BC challenges but to no avail; no problem. Gets another R1 to 2B in same inning and says something to her like, "You obviously need to avoid contact" (slightly sarcastic, but still no problem). Then as I get set for the next pitch I hear "What are you looking at???!! Just play Ball" to either F5 or F6, I'm not sure, but I sure as hell didn't like it.
Is that worthy of ejection? Mind you, this guy was a big ol' boy. Probably a former defensive lineman.

I did not eject, I called TIME and walked over to him and said, "Don't ever speak to a player like that again. Ever!" and walked back.

I hate think what would have happened if the player said, "I'm looking at YOU *******."

Other:
OC doesn't like the way her player ran bases, so did the old grab the player by the face mask and shake well before serving. Ump warns coach. Coach says, "I don't tell you how to do your job, don't tell me how to do mine."
She got tossed.
Warranted?
Neither is an ejection. You did right in case 1, but be sure to say " another team's player".

I understand the other umpire's concern for player safety and no violence on the field; but say that only.

Agree with Andy's comments.

----------------------------------------------
"this guy was a big ol' boy. Probably a former defensive lineman"
Come on!