Thread: Bad Partner
View Single Post
Old Sun Nov 02, 2014, 09:49pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
It was like that thirty years ago, here in my little corner of Connecticut. Back then, discussions between games involving subvarsity, and varsity, officials; or halftime, or postgame, discussions involving partners, never broached topics regarding whether a "call" was good, or bad. It was an "unspoken" rule. Everything else was up for discussion, but never whether a specific call (foul/no foul, travel/no travel, etc.) was right, or wrong.

We have evolved over the last thirty years. It is now acceptable to ask, delicately, "Hey? What did you see on (such and such) play?", and to then discuss the interpretation of the rule on the play, even involving plays like block/charge decisions, such discussions being absolutely verboten thirty short years ago.
@ verboten! Lol!
Yet I must confess that I did overturn a crew member's foul call who called in my PCA, and his call was pure wrong then we had a rather heated side discussion at any rate, we can never allow hubris to such an extreme extent as was shown in that vid.