Thread: Bad Partner
View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 31, 2014, 02:36pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Zebra View Post

It's actually a great teaching tool.
Years ago I learned my lesson, though my gaffe was not nearly as bad as the OP.

BV, 3-man crew. To set the Crew Chief's mood, earlier in the game our other partner had granted a time-out to the defense during a live ball.

2nd or 3rd quarter. Made free throw, followed by a press, including on-ball pressure on the throw-in. I was the C and had set up slightly below free throw line extended. CC was new Trail with throw-in responsibilities.

A1 runs end line to my half of the court so that he is easily in my line of site. B1 reaches up and touches the ball. I blow my whistle (from the C) to call a T for the throw-in infraction. Trail makes a beeline towards me with fire in his eyes. He does take the time to ask me what my whistle is for, but after my answer and in no uncertain terms he informs me that A1 had reached the ball over the end line. He calls the Lead over and tells us that we are going with an inadvertent whistle, and that we better not f**k his game up (remembering the earlier time-out gaffe).

I had no problem with his demeanor during the event other than the "my game" reference. "This game" would have been more appropriate.