Thread: Bad Partner
View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 31, 2014, 09:36am
Official Forum Member

For many of us, here, on the forum, this video was in the back of our mind during the recent thread that discussed when the ball is "at the disposal" of the team.
Early last season, in our area, we received a statement telling us that we needed to start the 5-second count when the ball was "at the disposal" of the probable thrower-in. And we were told not to wait until he/she had the ball in hand, out-of-bounds.
I just couldn't do it - with such disregard for the realities involved, such as in this video, when the 2 players took a short moment to decide which would be the thrower.
I did have a few partners who started the count extremely quickly/early, in my estimation, and I just had to bear with it.
Now, to the actions of the new Lead, in the video . . . I'm really able to be calm, on the floor, but this would have been a supreme test of my self-control, at the moment, and in the lockerroom!!!
I've never blocked a partner, but this guy would've been the first!