Thread: Bad Partner
View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 30, 2014, 09:34am
Stubborn Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvin green View Post
Really? The new trail is counting and he calls if from new lead? By my first count they way I would have counted in a game I got to four. You could see him trying to justify the call by making a sign that demonstrates when the ball was available but this is nonsense.

It appeared that the new trail sped up his count. It was a lot faster than the one he was doing previously.

I am afraid in this game with two points, and a few seconds, knowing it was my call, my discussions would have been more animated than what I saw...

I had a partner somewhat like this several years ago. I was in a sub varsity game and the Coach of the home team kept coming out on the floor arguing about calls, after being warned a couple of times, I finally whacked him. (This was the at the start of a time out) My partner who taught in a feeder middle school, walks up to me and tells me I can't make that call before I can report it. I tell her that he'd been warned and T stands. She tells me "I am the referee and I am overruling the call" I then tell her that she can't do it by rule and she tells me that she is still doing it". I told her to do whatever the h377 she wants. I

The opposing coach asks me at the end of the time out if I had called a T and what was happening. I told yes I did but that she can explain it and walked back to my position as the Lead I had before the time out. Luckily we had only a couple of minutes left in the game. I never made eye contact with her the rest of the game. After the final buzzer left the floor and her standing out there as fast as I could get off. I never talked with her again and she never did apologize.

Fortunately I believe that was her last season of officiating...
What was her reasoning for overruling the call?