View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 20, 2014, 12:25pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas Ref View Post
*Ahhh another sagely John adams reference, but I must disagree when he is stating it in such absolute terms--you either have it or you don't. Seems a bit..shall I say, deterministic. But hey....

And yes, I am in complete agreement with your point that it must be "developed over time" and there are "refs who do not know what they are doing". But all of that is beside the point of the OP post...they were just simply asking "how to move up when you are so young". Which I have already said is very possible by the procedures I've already described in the above post.
Yes it is very possible to move up. You can move up if someone gives you a shot. I just think you do not want to make people feel that they are just going to move up just because they go to the right camp. It just is not that simple for many of us, that is all. Usually it takes several trips to a camp and see how you improve to get a shot at all, even at the JUCO level. Also this might be part of the country you are in and how competitive it is. Here, you will complete in a much larger area and have to come in contact with officials that work D1. You are not just kicking them off to the side to hire a 20 year old. It is possible, but I think the point that BNR and me are trying to suggest, you still have to work and still have to put in the time and a lot of young guys are not going to do a lot beyond going to a camp.

Peace