View Single Post
Old Sat Oct 18, 2014, 08:48pm
beware big brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
Thank you gentlemen, particularly bob since he has clarified that most of Illinois too is on the same page and that there are only a few that will do their own thing.

I am not sure this statement is entirely true. In Illinois, we starting using these four absolutes last year, just like the NCAA. However, In the meetings I attended, including one conducted by the head clinician for the IHSA, we were told to call these fouls like the NCAA-M. I did not realize until this thread that there was a difference in the wording between NCAA-M and NCAA-W, and what the NFHS has put into effect this season. Remember, as I pointed out to JetMet earlier, the NCAA-M has the modifier, continually, in its wording, which is not present in the NCAA-W or the new NFHS rule. Therefore, the touches separated by time/distance would not necessarily be automatics using the NCAA-M version of the rule. Therefore, for last season at least, I would say JRut was right in his interpretation of the rule. Perhaps in Bob's area of IL, they were told different. My association will not have its meeting with the head clinician until Oct. 30th. It will be interesting to see what he says now that the NFHS wording is published and matches the NCAA-W. Until then, I will withhold judgment on whether Bob or JRut has presented how the IHSA wants this rule enforced.