View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 16, 2014, 11:23pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
We know. You'll do your own thing regardless of what the rules say. Not the first time.

BTW, I'm not talking about the well separated 1st and 2nd touch, just the use of RSBQ which the NFHS has basically said is not being applied correctly...that the player is being affected even though people are incorrectly justifying no calls under the guise of RSBQ. They're saying their RSBQ is being affected and people still are not calling it.
The use of RSBQ was referenced by our state basketball administrator (Boy's basketball to be specific). RSBQ was referenced in the State Rules Interpretation PowerPoint before the year (last year) when the state took a hard stance on these interpretations. It was talked about out of his mouth in the Webinar that the same person I referenced and it was talked about again by him at meetings throughout the state before and during the season. So no, it is not what I wanted to do or a personal interpretation, it was what they wanted us to do. I was even surprised when they used the language because it comes from high levels. But that is what they asked all clinicians to teach and repeat to their association membership and at camps, which I run from time to time.

Oh, and the NF when you contact them directly about an interpretation, they direct you to your state people for an interpretation. Oh, and this was before the rules changed once again the stance of the IHSA (similar to what happened to JAR when he contacted Ms. Wynn in the off season).

I know, I know, you want to tell everyone how the NF is the only body that can comment on rules and interpretations (silly rabbit). Just like my state has a different interpretation on uniforms (Board changed the policy and how the rule was interpreted about 4 years ago) or even had a policy about recognition of religious and special accommodations for those uniforms years before the NF even addressed the issue (it is in this year's NF PowerPoint, but the IHSA had the same policy for over 7 or 8 years based on situations that took place in this state).

So glad I do not have to listen to people like you about these things. You are not a member of the NF that gets to decide what states tell their officials and you obviously have no idea how different states take positions against the rules or interpretations of the National Federation based on your comments here. A similar situation even happened this year in football on the targeting rule and the free kick situations where my state took a different stance in order to bring clarity to a National Federation hole in their so-called new rules for this season.

And I must be doing something right, I advanced in the playoffs and one step from the highest level in my state (and I am a state clinician). So I must have no idea what I am talking about.

But hey, you know.

Peace

Last edited by JRutledge; Thu Oct 16, 2014 at 11:28pm.