View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 15, 2014, 03:24pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanV21 View Post
I'm replying to this since you deleted or edited the post I replied to just a minute ago.

And again... I agree with what you're saying, but this doesn't mean it's okay to call a play differently at the end of the game than at any other time during the contest.

Being scrutinized more for calls at the end of a game does not mean it's okay to kick earlier calls. It just means your going to catch more flak for the ones you miss at the end.
Some people like to look at it as "I'm calling the game the same in the last 2 minutes as I did in the first 38 minutes".

I like looking at it as "I want to call the game in the first 38 minutes with the same concentration as I do in the last 2 minutes"

Our goal is to be consistent throughout the game, no doubt. But I know we all makes mistakes. I also know I need to be at my absolute best when we are in crunch time. So (in my mind) I know I'm going to be on top of my game in the last 2 minutes. My goal is to elevate the first 38 minutes to the same level of excellence that I have in the last 2 minutes.