View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 15, 2014, 01:18pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
I left it alone because, as the L, I would have had no credibility making that call. I can't speak for the C b/c I have no idea what other matchups he had and I do not believe A1 was closely guarded at any time for him to stay on the play as it left him. But in our conversation of the play, the C did say he saw it. I had closed down in preparation of rotating, then I saw A1 come into my peripheral has he brought the ball strong side. I then took a couple steps back from close down as I mirrored the ball. So I know the violation definitely occurred fully in the Trail's primary

But I wonder, if there were 10-15 seconds left in a tied ballgame, would it change our thinking on this. Would we want to have to watch film of an obvious violation followed by a game-winning shot, or would we then consider this violation an elephant based on time & score?

If everyone in the gym saw it and one of the crew didn't see it, then we need to get it. I don't think you'd have any credibility issues because everyone knows it's the right call.

You might have to explain why you actually saw it but you just explained it to us