View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 10, 2014, 01:20pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toren View Post
I'm curious how you treated the Assistant Coach when he was assuming the role of Head Coach.

Was he allowed to stand? Was he allowed to ask questions? Basically did you give him as much rope as you would a head coach?

If you answered yes to any those questions, then the Head Coach would inherit the indirect technical and the coaching box would be lost.

If the Assistant Coach was sitting the entire game and said something inappropriate or whatever else earned him the T. Then I see no problem with Adam's solution.

My 2 cents.
I cannot speak for anyone else, but if the actually HC is not present, that is not my issue. I would assume that would be made clear by the team before the game anyway so that we know who is responsible for the team. I would treat the actual AC like any other HC that was there. Now if the HC comes in the middle of the game, then someone needs to explain why that was not stated before the game. But most of all, I would probably report this to the Administrator and Assignor to see what they would like in the end. Never had this issue take place so I can only speculate what I would do if this were to actually happen. And any T that took place would not change whether the HC stands or not. Any bench T takes away the HC coaching box responsibilities, so I am good with applying the rules accordingly.

Peace