Thread: TD or NO TD
View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 09, 2014, 03:59pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmc View Post
In Texas (and Massachusettes) you follow a single code for both interscholastic and collegiate football, so I can appreciate your concern about consistency, but fortunately (or if some prefer, unfortunately) there are differences in the codes applied to interscholastic and collegiate football in the other 48 States, and officials are required (whether they choose to consider them, or not) to deal with the complications of "differences".

Sometimes "differences" really don't matter all that much, then again, sometimes they actually do.
The states set the real interpretations more so than the NF in the first place. So each of those 48 states might tell their officials something slightly different than the other. None of us work directly for the NF and in some cases we do not play dues to the NF, so what the NF says only can take you so far if your state decides to do something different. And if you do not believe me, look at the uniform rule in basketball where my state decided with the BOD for the IHSA to basically change the rule or change how that rule was enforced because of all the problems uniforms were being handled previously. There was almost a darn revolt if everyone went by the NF rules. And this case, I can tell you that our state is just fine with the philosophy to survive the ground or hit. I would not be so sure what is required by states outside of Texas and Mass.

Peace