Thread: TD or NO TD
View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 09, 2014, 03:54pm
Do not give a damn!!

Working multiple codes is not that difficult. And it is certainly not difficult in this situation. It is not like the rule is so drastic that you have to really think about the difference in this play. That is one of the silliest concerns I read and hear officials claim on this site and off this site by officials that in most cases obviously do not work other levels.

This is a philosophy that basically I use because of the ball pops out, what is it going to look like when you call a TD and someone says to you that he never had the ball in the first place? Unlike major college and the NFL, you do not get 20 angles and super-slow motion replay to determine how much time he had the ball. If you cannot hand me the darn ball after the overall catch, then you do not need a TD in this case and I am certainly not going to call a fumble in a similar case after you touched down with feet and the ball starts falling out. If that is what some want to do, be my guest. But this is also about what you can sell. And it is harder to sell a ball is 10 feet away from a fallen receiver that he caught the ball then tell me he did not catch the ball. It has nothing to do with level or even what the rule says.

Peace