View Single Post
Old Fri Jul 04, 2003, 06:44pm
Official Forum Member

Wink the key.....

Quote:
Originally posted by Lonewolf986
Haha, my very first game, I borrowed my friend's mask (he was a catcher.) And though it looks cool to wear, I honestly looked like an a$$. To me, its too cumbersome to take off and see the plays, it definately decreases your peripherals.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~

The only problem I see with my current mask is that it sometimes takes my hat with it when I pull it. And this is even with a "well" fitted cap!

In regards to your mask...yeah, I heard the Honig's mask is great, and I am real interested in the deerskin pads. (drool)

The added weight on my mask, to me, is worth it. The shades, I mainly use for dirt and sand. It helps block some of that when the catcher, reaches up above my head to catch, and the dirt from his glove flings off. I find myself wearing sunglasses during the day games, and my eyeglasses (instead of contacts) for the night game, for the same reason.

But with the cow catcher, I think the design still isn't long enough.(for me that is) I feel alot safer with my TP extension. guess its just me...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~
To keeping the hat on lies in the method of pulling mask off....pull downward, then up and out. I use a 6 stich on the sacks and plate, lotsa room in that Honigs mask!!! Big thing with the helmets, most guys do not remove them for play action...if ya got long hair, must look like crap.....all sweaty and knotted....