Thread: Hand Signals
View Single Post
Old Sun Oct 05, 2014, 12:52pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forksref View Post
About 5 years ago, our association decided to standardize our unofficial signals. This helps when we have crew members fill in on other crews. It has worked pretty well, but it is most important that within each crew the signals are consistent and understood by all.
And that is fine, but what about the things that a crew might signal to each other that not every crew decides needs to be communicated?

Also, wouldn't a good pre-game help you with that communication? Because what if a crew has a different philosophy on certain types of communication?

My point is simple, having worked with many different crews, there are things that almost no other crew might do or want to communicate, probably based off of some hole or situation that happened to that crew. I do not see how you can standardize every signal that a crew might use. Nothing wrong with some signals being standardized, but I know of many things crews do that are so unique or the concern of the crew chief, they communicate things another crew would never think of.

Peace