View Single Post
Old Sat Sep 20, 2014, 12:25pm
Esteemed Forum Member

How Much ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapins Fan View Post
Do you know what your association charges to train new officials?
$190.00 nonrefundable application fee. This includes rulebook, casebook, training clinics (for both written exam, and floor exam), and game assignments for the first provisional year (assuming one passes the written exam, and the floor exam). I believe that the application fee includes the state interscholastic sports governing body criminal background check (I don't know the cost to the state sports body for criminal background checks). It does include IAABO liability insurance for the first provisional year.

The $190.00 is $65.00 more than our $125.00 annual "regular" member dues, so, I guess, that one could say that our training fee is $65.00 (Again, I don't know the cost to the state sports body, and, thus, our local board, for criminal background checks).

Provisional members are usually assigned from ten to twelve middle school, freshman, or junior varsity, games, depending on how well they do on their floor exams, and their availability to officiate games in the afternoon. The 2014-15 game fee for all subvarsity games is $60.45. Game fees are subject to 7% assignment fee, as for any member, provisional member, or "regular" member.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sat Sep 20, 2014 at 03:32pm.