View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 05, 2014, 03:50pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Show Me The Money, Wait, Never Mind ...

My local board decided to get new jackets with our local logo instead of the IAABO International logo a few years ago. We use a local distributer (the reason for the change, trademark infringement problems). We were given a grace period of a few years, at which time we had to have the new jacket. As guys started buying new jackets (as selected by our executive committee), they started hating them. It wrinkled no matter how carefully one folded it. It had a "shiny" polyester type outer shell (it reminded me of the roller disco era). The pockets weren't deep enough to hold anything (my extra inflation needle kept falling out).

Our executive committee decided to scrap the new jacket and came up with a better new jacket. They also decided that any of us that purchased the old new jacket would be reimbursed for it, and the old new jackets that were turned in would be donated to a charity clothing drive.

Sometimes it not just about the money.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)