Thread: jerseys
View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 27, 2014, 08:59am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to FMadera Send a message via AIM to FMadera Send a message via Yahoo to FMadera
Quote:
Originally Posted by chapmaja View Post
Technically this would be illegal in my opinion. Practically, I'm not calling it. Why? The players are never actually wearing duplicate numbers at any point. Since there is only 1 jersey for the libero, the players can not have duplicate jersey numbers at the same time, which is what the rule is designed to prevent.

The bigger issue I've seen with the shared libero jersey (other than another person's sweat on it), is the players not leaving the bench area to change the jersey's. I've had to converse with coaches about this more than once this pre-season already because girls are changing shirts in the gym area, not away from the gym as is required.
So let's say you have to file a report, and you know you have the Libero number 1 at fault for something. How are you going to know which one is wearing that with multiple people on the roster wearing the same number, even at separate times? Not like I'm going to ask the libero, "Now are you Katie or Susie?"
PAVO National Referee / Certified Line Judge/Scorer
WIAA/IHSA Volleyball Referee