View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 26, 2014, 12:42pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmkupka View Post
I'm wondering if the TD was not asking him if he'd reconsider letting the team play (which, as you state, is not his pervue), but instead reconsidering the ejections (and resulting forfeit) which the tournament mandates results in the following game(s) being missed.

If the second case, it's of course a no-brainer.
I'm thinking this had nothing to do with either. This was a tournament; meaning winning teams advance, losing teams go home (or possibly into a loser's bracket). The bracket advances with next games for teams; when there are teams that advance.

It is very much unlikely (in my experience) there was a written tournament rule requiring ejected players to sit any future games. Common league practice, common for illegal bats, maybe; doesn't happen in tournaments for misconduct.

I personally suspect the question from the TD was more along the lines of wanting a next game for the OTHER team, the one losing a game as a bye in a double forfeit, where no team advances to play the next team in the bracket. Since teams gripe about the number of games, I suspect that was all the TD was wanting to happen; leave someone to play the next game.