View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 13, 2014, 09:00am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reffing Rev. View Post
Our coaches have to watch the same video on-line we do...which means you have to push Olay and then when the video is over enter your name and say you "watched" it. I personally feel that coaches should have to take the same test we do...and I would say they must pass all of the qualifications to be an official in order for their team to be eligible for the post-season. Now I will probably work with an official or two during some JV games this year who won't know about the rules changes either because he isn't in the room while watching the rules.meeting and the other crew that he works for has one who actually takes the test and everybody else copies it...so the coaches can skirt that too, but it would help.
As do ours.....they aren't required to (like us) to have everything screened and rules test submitted back until next week. I showed the actual book with rule changes to the OC I saw at a meeting last night.....they had discussed the targeting/defenseless player changes, etc., yet had absolutely NO idea about the new kickoff rule and procedures.

There is going to be one hell of a quick learning curve with some staffs over the next week or two, I predict.