View Single Post
Old Fri Jul 25, 2014, 05:24pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
And if all the refs would get together and refuse to work more than four games in a day, the organizers and teams would be forced to offer more money in order to attract enough officials to cover the games. Everyone realizes that the organizers are making money with each game that is played, right?
Perhaps he could work four games at $50 each and make the same $200 in half the time. It continually amazes me that officials sell themselves short. The guy doing right games in a day is not helping, he is hurting his fellow officials. He needs a wake up call. He is opting to take a short term gain, but the sacrifice is a long term loss.
Officials are not going to get together on something like this no matter how you or I feel about this practice. Officiating these games are money grabs for the officials and officials are not going to do them for reasons beyond the money if the money is right. Remember, if someone agrees the terms of the contract, they are willing to do the work. Not many places you are going to make that kind of money in one day guaranteed on a hourly basis. These are not "real" games and not with often the same intensity or even responsibility you would have to take during a real game (uniform, time, rules, pre-game procedures). I have seen people from all walks of life and professions take these games in a similar fashion. Or they hop from one site to another and do the same thing.

I know a lot of people that use officiating these games as a way to pay for things like kids schooling or money for a vacation, if they want to take the time, more power to them. Someone working these games are not hurting me, because I might not take these games in the first place. And if I do, no one is holding a gun to me to make me either way.

Peace