View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 02, 2003, 06:51pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up mechanic, huh?

Quote:
Originally posted by JEL
mj, No specifics,that will be more a personal comfort choice. I use Schutt "Comfort Lite" chest protector, and removed the lower arm gaurds. Diamond DLD-UXG shin gaurds, and wouldnt want to work without my +POS lightweight mask, and also +POS plate shoes. I keep a close check on mask for cracks. It has been reported they crack in colder climates, being from GA, I can't say. I do softball, FP, through HS age, and baseball the same. I may (for older boys) up to a hard shell chest protector later. Dont forget throat gaurd, and cup (if you are so equipped), plate brush, indicator, ball bag, etc. I get all my gear in Atlanta, I would rather pay a little extra, and try it all on. Go for safety first, and then comfort. Price should be the LAST consideration. I am a mechanic, and have learned that to do a good job, I need good tools. Use good tools umpiring, and you won't regret it. You can buy cheaper stuff and move up also. I have about $600.00 invested in my stuff, but earned that back in about a month. Check out E-bay, there is always equipment for sale there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~
You be an automotive technician??? Me too, collision repair. Same way with both sets of tools, but damn that Snap-on ....they don't sell no ump gear