View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 08, 2014, 04:53pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngump View Post
As to the baseball stuff: yes it's a tag. You're the first person discussing it I've heard suggest that replay isn't conclusive.
Unless you have a three-dimensional view, you don't know it is a tag for sure, even from the replay. Sure, it looked like it could be, but neither you, me, the umpire or camera really knows for sure.

I find it hard to believe you have never seen a player reach out and it looked like a tag from your angle, but it was still questioned. Happens more often than you might think, but the umpire must make a judgment call based on the information available.

Quote:
Most reviews are whether tags were made or not or if they were in time so I'm not sure where you're going with that.
Going with what, the fact that I'm not a fan of a review of a judgment call? And, to be real, to me it seems the baseball review seems to make the call, not provide more information as done in other sports