View Single Post
Old Sun Jul 06, 2014, 07:23pm
Official Forum Member

Location: The Land Of The Free and The Home Of The Brave (MD/DE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFLguy View Post
High school baseball game at a small school in the sticks years ago. Home team coach obviously intoxicated. He becomes increasingly belligerent as the game progresses and he is also inciting the home team fans. I'm on the bases and my partner at home lets it go way too far. I keep hinting to him that he has to eject the coach and end the game. Finally he does. Things get very nasty. I grab a bat and brandish it walking with my partner to the car. That coach was canned and I didn't go back to that school for a couple of years. Doing football for 40 seasons I was very leery of walking back through a crowd unaccompanied by any school personnel to our dressing room area. I was very alert to the possibility of some irate parent/fan coming at our crew. Yes, it can get scary at times. So far down here in Florida at the high school level I have had no real issues. FHSAA holds a real hammer to the folks, even to the form of fines.
Each umpire has equal authority and responsibility to eject.