View Single Post
Old Thu Jun 19, 2014, 10:13am
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny d View Post
Have you ever called a multiple foul? Odds are pretty likely you haven't, even though you have probably had numerous opportunities to do so. That is in the book as well.

It doesn't matter to me whether you, rich, or anyone I happen to be working with informs the speaking captain the game is going to start, or what your reasoning is for doing it. At the end of the day, everybody on the court is well aware the game is starting whether this action is taken or not.
First, I have called a multiple foul before. Once...it will probably never happen again.

Second, it doesn't matter to me whether you agree with what Rich, me, or anyone else you work with does to start the game. Personally, I do not ask for speaking captains, and don't worry about informing them before the toss. But it is in the book, and you commented about why anyone would do it.

A side question...do you blow your whistle before tossing? If so, why? Shouldn't everyone know the game is about to start because you walked to the center circle with the ball in your hand?